27 Feb Did You Know That The VA Offers Other Services Aside From Healthcare?
Posted at 17:20h in Department of Veterans Affairs, military veterans, military veterans benefits, VA Disability Compensation 0 Comments
Here Is Some Other Services From The VA That Are Available To Military Veterans
- Beneficiary Financial Counseling: Free, professional financial advice and customized financial plans for beneficiaries.
- Tuition Assistance. If you’re active service member and your tuition amounts to more than what’s covered by the Tuition Assistance program, you may be eligible for additional assistance.
- Career Center: Offers veterans tools to translate their military skills into careers in the public and private sectors, search for jobs, identify professional strengths, and create and post resumes.
- Department of Defense and Veterans Affairs Discharge Upgrade Guidance Tool: This tool offers customized guidance to veterans who desire to upgrade or change the conditions of their military discharge.
- Educational and Vocational Counseling: VA’s Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Service provides educational and vocational counseling for veterans and certain dependents.
- Fiduciary Program: A program to protect veterans and other beneficiaries who are unable to manage their financial affairs. The fiduciary is responsible to the beneficiary and oversees financial management of VA benefit payments.
- Independent Living: A program to make sure eligible veterans can, to the maximum extent, live independently and participate in family and community life, increasing their potential to return to work.
- Mortgage Delinquency Assistance: VA’s Loan Guaranty Service provides technicians and a special servicing center to intercede with the mortgage provider to explore all options to avoid foreclosure.
- Veterans Economic Communities Initiative: This program brings together community partners to coordinate and integrate veterans’ services at the local level, providing training opportunities to help veterans and their families develop professional skills.
- VetSuccess on Campus: A program that aims to help veterans succeed and thrive through a coordinated delivery of on-campus benefits assistance and counseling.